What do you when you are sad ? See, sometimes things happen and you can either choose to feel sad or angry. The choice is subconscious; not like you have to decide between Campbell or Progresso soup, right then and there. Depending on your nature, you are biased towards anger or sadness. And then there is the split second ARGH! moment ... certain things happen ... based on the current moment, circumstances ... and the next moment you are either sad or angry.
It's better to be angry. Well... anger is not good your mental (and physical, if you are the angry-dad kind) health. Anger is also not good for anyone around you. It's actually not good for anyone, not even the dolphins. Still it is better because there are ways to tame anger and stabilise oneself before much damage is done.
What can you do when you are angry ? I am not usually angry since I *know* anger is not helpful. I wish I always didn't know things I know. But you can tear papers, storm out, shout, scream, go to a boxing ring or watch WWE. Or do many things that do not cause severe damage.
What do I do when I am sad ? I am sad when I have exhausted all possibilities to proceed. More, when external factors like coincidences and consequences of actions not under my control, forces me to halt. When destiny takes over me, for good or bad. Actually, you can never know if destiny would do good till 5 more years - right ? So, we always tend to drag destiny whenever the current scenario is unacceptable. In all of these cases and more, I feel sad.
The kind of person I am, I just let myself burn in my sadness. Burn burn burn ... till there is nothing left to burn. It's like swallowing a large piece of burning coke - hard to swallow but harder to throw out. And it _will_ cause pain.
Mon ami, if you have a better suggestion, leave me a comment. Thanks in advance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment