Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Me and Night (edited)

On Friday, I watched Grease (good musical, not so good movie for my gen, the play must be wonderful).
On Saturday, I finished Eleven minutes (the first 140 pages enlightening, rest 120 pages were wisdom I was not looking for... more later).
On Sunday, I watched Gran Torino (its not your average gang movie ... I should write about it).
On Friday, I propose (presentation almost ready ... but I should shut myself off till Friday 4pm).

And last night I had a dream. I previously posted a poetic rendering of it but I should not have done so. Dreams are very very personal experience; words already endanger its fidelity and public broadcasting is akin to a dire sin.

It was like a dream within a dream. I was lying awake in my dream ... disturbed ... like I am usually at night. And then ... when ...

...
রাত্রে তখন চাঁদের সাথে মেঘের খেলা শেষ ।
সন্ধ্যা রাতের গজল গীতের ফুরিয়ে গেছে রেশ ।
বুকভাঙ্গা যত প্রেমিকের,
পেটে খিদে নিয়ে
কাঁদতে কাঁদতে
ঘুমিয়ে পড়া শিশুদের
জননী,
হাহাকারকে ভাগ্য ভেবে ঘুমায় ক্লান্ত দেশ ।
জোনাকি নিভে আসে,
...

there was this moment of Zen after which I fell asleep in my dream and possibly soon after woke up in reality. That moment stays etched in memory, it was august, space filled with the divine fragrance of aguru, cool breeze from the cloud covered moon caressed me and there was a sudden sense of peace, in my dream within dream. It was very peaceful and it had a spiritual effect on me even after I woke up, woke up to the real world, to get ready for mundane chores. I put them in words soon after but I am sure they could not transgress the experience.

PS: Title inspired by something N. said long ago.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:59 PM

    "but I am sure they could not transgress the experience"....sad yet so true

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci mon ami ... for sharing your feelings.

    And apologies for the comment moderation - I had it turned on by mistake.

    ReplyDelete